MUSTAFAWI TRADING & CONTRACTING COMPANY W.L.L
Mustafawi Trading & Contracting Company W.L.L. is a well-established civil construction company which has been operating for more than 29 years in the State of Qatar; carrying out a wide range of civil works such as construction of villa's, drainage works, and laying of cables for Qtel, earthworks and all infrastructural works for road.
Our company is one of the leading companies in Qatar in the field of Building and Associated Civil Works. We have a well-experienced team of Engineers and technicians, who can undertake large construction activities for civil and infrastructure works.
The owners have vigorously pursued a policy of building a highly professional and proficient infrastructure; recruiting experienced field staff and qualified management personnel from various countries, and purchasing "state-of-the-art" field equipments and designing software's to meet the needs of all clients
Numerous projects require the final end-product to be produced in AUTOCAD digital data format. Our office has the facilities to produce AUTOCAD digital files up to and including AUTOCAD 2008 and is capable of plotting on standard-size sheets in the range A4 to A0.
Mustafawi Trading & Contracting Company, staff regularly undertake activities within high-security areas and our clients can be assured of not only a dedicated and professional service - but also, that our field teams are comfortable with the added responsibility of carrying out their field duties with due regard to safety, security and confidentiality
Over the 29-years of our involvement in the profession of Civil construction, we have developed valuable contacts within various related industries; which enable us to provide a comprehensive facility to clients, for not only our own input, but also with joint-ventures
LOCATION: Our office is located in C-Ring Road - Doha; a two-storey villa with orange colour roof tiles - located approximately 600-metres from Mumtaza traffic lights (heading towards Cinema traffic lights).
As on 30th March 2009 we have 61 permanent staff including surveyor, foreman, mechanic, labour, carpenter, driver, mason, operator, pipe fitter etc. We continuously recruit and hire staff as & when required.
HISTOGRAM OF EMPLOYEE STATUS
LIST OF MAJOR PROJECTS DONE
- Construction of Labour camp at Mesaieed Industrial City for Al Thulathi Trading services and contracting Co. W.L.L. (QR.17,000,000/-)
- Roads, Drainage and Curbstone in medical city for Gulf Integrated Group Co. (8,650,00/-)
- 10 New Villa Structure for Qatar Building Company (3,800,000/-)
- Supply and Fixing of pipes at medical city for Power Line Engineering Company (Fire protection and fire hydrants lines) (2,830,000/-)
- Backfilling and Laying rock in Mesaieed project G5/QICC - EW/01/08 for Group 5 for Trading & Contracting ( G5) (7,200,000/-)
- Landscaping and Asphalt laying work in Hamad Medical City
- Construction of Office buildings and Staff Accommodations at Industrial Area. (3,000,000/-)
- Construction & Reconstruction of dual & single carriage way roads within the central Wakrah area. (8,070,751/-)
- Supply of Materials in Medical City for El Seif Eng. Cont. Co. (1,475,640/-)
MAJOR FIELD EQUIPMENTS
Excavator - 92
Excavator - CAT 320
Grader - 92
Grader - 94
Bomag Vibrating Roller
Compactor with Honda Eng
Skid Loader Hyundai - HSL610
Wheel Loader Hyunda -- Shovel + B51
Trailer Box - 2005
Trailer Head - 2000
Truck six wheels - 1993
Loader CAT - 2004
Excavator CAR - 1997 reg.13002
JCB 3CX4W - 2007 - reg.23113
Health, Safety & Environmental Policy
The Health, Safety and Environmental Policy of Mustafawi Contracting encompass for the provision of all services provided on site.
Adopting the clients "Zero Accident" philosophy in carrying out activities is viewed by Mustafawi Contracting as the only way to prevent work related accidents and incidents. This philosophy includes:
- The immediate identification and elimination of unsafe work practices and conditions in the workplace.
- A heightened awareness of individual responsibility and increased supervisory attention to detail.
- Elimination of human error as a source of accidents, irrespective of rank or position in the organization.
- Building a team mentality where each worker contributes to the effort and each supervisor is fully aware of the capabilities and limitations of their team.
- A culture in which everyone accepts responsibility and accountability for their own and each co-worker's safety and health.
- Adequately provide resources to apply best available techniques in loss prevention and performance measurement.
- Comply with HSE regulatory requirements applicable to its activities including other requirements it subscribes to.
- Identify and provide training to its employees to enhance their skills and competence level.
- Provide information, instruction and supervision for employees.
- Ensure that its HSE policies and programs are effectively communicated and adhered to by all its personnel on site- managers and employees alike.
- Prevent pollution and wastage of resources.
- Continually improve its HSE management system.
Mustafawi Contracting shall review this policy at regular intervals and revise it as necessary to ensure its continuing suitability to the organization's activities and associated HSE risks.
HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY & PROCEDURES
The Client shall prior to commencement of works prepare a site specific Health and Safety Method Statement and risk assessment addressing, but not limited to, the following issues.
Plant and Equipment
The following is a list of minimum H&S equipment recommended for safe working on site. The client shall review the list, update and implement as appropriate.General Construction & Safety Equipment
- Grader Road Roller
- Bomag Vibrating Roller
- Compactor with Honda Eng
- Skid Loader Hyundai
- Wheel Loader Hyundai- Shovel
- Trailer Box
- Trailer Head
- Truck six wheels
- Loader CAT
- Road Roller
- Bomag Vibrating Roller Safety Cones
- Safety Ropes
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Hard Hats
- Safety Footwear
- HighVisibilty Vest/Jacket
- Safety Glasses
Safety of All Staff
- Prior to undertaking any duties on the site, Team members shall conduct and participate in a site tool box meeting.
- Team members shall be briefed regarding the contents of the client method statement.
- All staff shall wear safety footwear, approved high visibility clothing, hard hats and safety glasses such other for compliance with site safety rules.
Site Access Arrangements
The Project Manager will observe procedures required for site access during the site visit.
The client is to be advised of confirmed start date of site works. The filed staff will comply with site working regulations and procedures.
Key Personnel and Responsibilities
The Project Manager shall name the site team with clear designation of their roles and responsibilities. Should any member of the staff be unavailable due to any reason a similar experienced & H&S qualified member will replace them.
Staff shall use mobile telephones to retain contact with the office and for emergency situations. Staff shall not use mobile telephones in situations where they will pose a distraction from carrying out their duties in a safe manner.